Sencha Green Tea pure and straight from Ceylon within days of harvest
Sencha literally means roasted tea. In the modern sencha-making process, the leaf is initially steam treated to a precursor tea called ara-cha, before further processing by hot-air drying, rolling and finally light roasting. The leaf of the best sencha has a high degree of size uniformity and possesses an aromatic & polished emerald colour.
Dru Era Green Teas are produced in the Kandy district located in the central hills of Ceylon and delivered to you within days of harvest
Sencha tea tastes gentle pungent and refreshing, complementing its wonderfully mellow and fresh aroma. It goes well with seafood and is brilliant with chocolate.
- We recommend using glass-based or porcelain tea ware.
- Rinse tea cup and teapot with hot water.
- Use about 2.5 - 3 grams of tea leaves (1-1.5 teaspoons) for every 225 ml of water.
- Steep tea leaves in hot water at 70°c (158°F) to 80°c (176°F) for 1 minute for the first and second brewing.
- Gradually increase steeping time and temperature for subsequent brewing.
- One serving of Green tea can be brewed several times, with each steep another element of flavour could be enjoyed
Experiment with these methods to find your perfect cup of green tea.
Worldwide delivery through Fedex or DHL to reach you within 3 - 7 days with online shipment tracking.